- This event has passed.
(Bio)methane cracking: solutions for carbon-negative hydrogen and solid carbon production
September 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Three European-funded innovation projects will present some of their solutions for methane cracking to usable hydrogen and carbon materials during an online workshop, followed by a panel discussion on synergies, replication potential, and technology uptake in the sector.
Don’t miss out on the chance to be part of the discussion!
10:00 – Setting the scene: Green hydrogen production for Europe
- Piero Carlo Dos Reis, DG Clima
10:15 – Solutions:
- Terje Hauan, Cold plasma (COLDSPARK)
- David Farrusseng, Microwave-heated catalytic reactors (TITAN)
- Patricia Benito, Structured, iron-based reactors (STORMING)
11:15 – Panel discussion on synergies, replication and technology uptake (market opportunities and obstacles).
- Adélio Mendes, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto (112CO2 project)
- Marina Pasteris, EBA Technical and Project Officer
- Anton Scholten, Hygear
- Professor Zhixin Yu, UiS
Moderator: Dusan Jakovljevic, Policy Director, EEIP